Thursday, December 27, 2007
The FADA TV
When Pa became the proud owner of a FADA TV he would take it from our Lester Street E. Longmeadow home where he and Grandma lived to the lead mine camp. Of couse I went with the TV and Pa for the summer and Gammie would often stay behind in a more confortable setting with running water and indoor plumbing. Often it was just Pa and me at camp. The hoziontal hold on the tv was always going on the fritz and on many occassions Mr. Miner would come over from his cottage to repair it. On one occassion Pa was out fishing and I had the controls all messed up on the TV and was afaird Pa would get mad when he came back so I went to bed upstairs. Actually I can never recall Pa being mad at me or spanking me but he would get a little upset w/ Gammie when she came in the camp wet from the lake. Gammie would say "its clean water Sumner" and that was it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment